Some people might think that wearing makeup everyday is too much, and I can understand that to a degree. Personally, I think you should do whatever makes you happy and more confident and if that means putting on some concealer and mascara, I say go for it! Talking about myself, I like to put on makeup only if I'm going somewhere where I think it'd be nice to look a bit more put together, so when I'm at home I don't bother doing anything. But to each, their own!
If I do feel like making an effort for everyday use, I tend to put a pump of the Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer on my hand and then spread that across my face using my fingers. After that, I reach for my beloved MaxFactor Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation. I've been using this foundation for more than a year now and it's definitely the best drugstore foundation that I have come across so far. So much so, that I own this in two shades: Golden and Bronze, depending on the season. Then I love to take my Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer and apply that right underneath my eyes, as well as on the bridge of my nose to highlight and give a bit more dimension to my face.
To make sure that my face is set and it will HOPEFULLY stay on all day, I like to set it using the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent. I then apply a tiny bit of bronzer to add some warmth to my face. I'm currently loving the Bourjouis Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder, for a more subtle and natural look. To finish off my face, if I have the time, I might even use my MAC blush in Margin, a peach toned blush with very subtle golden shimmer which gives you a very natural glow.
I usually never have time to put anything on my eyes except for mascara (at the moment I'm using L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara), but when I do, I like to use one of the Maybelline New York Color Tattoo 24hr Gel Cream Eyeshadows as they're so easy and quick to apply with your fingers. I then take a blending brush and just blend the edges. My most used ones are On and On Bronze and Pink Gold. To finish off, I put on NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake on my lips and I run out the door!
That's it! What about you? Do you wear makeup everyday? And if you do, what are some of your mostly used products? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time,
Another week... another blog post. Hope you've had a great one! I'm preparing a special something for you to thank you for your constant support... I'll tell you all about it in about two and a half week's time (so excited!) But, for today I thought I'd give you my top 4 favourite concealers of all time. Concealer is probably my most worn make up item, so I have went through quite a lot of different brands but somehow I managed to narrow it down...
1. Urban Decay Naked skin Weightless Complete Coverage concealer - €23.10 / £17.50. I had already mentioned this beloved product in my 2015 favourites so obviously I also had to include it in my top 4. It is definitely my most reached for concealer and I run out of it so fast. In my opinion, it only gives a light to medium coverage but Urban Decay did so well with the formula of it. Like the name says, it is weightless, it doesn't cake at all and it doesn't settle into any fine lines. I love to use this one mostly for highlighting my undereyes, bridge of the nose and cupid's bow. Just a tip: when you want to highlight these areas always go for a shade lighter than your actual skin tone.
2. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer - €19.20 / £17.50. Whenever I have really dark bad circles, this is my go to product. It's also great to cover any blemishes or scarring as it is very full coverage. The thing that annoys me slightly about this is that since it is so high coverage, you can easily overdo it, making it look very unnatural. The pump tends to dispense a bit too much product and I feel so bad wasting any of it, especially since it isn't very cheap. Lately however, I've found that placing some on my hand and then dabbing the RealTechniques Miracle Complexion Sponge in it and placing it on the desired areas is so much better than directly applying it on my face and then blending it with the sponge. It makes it look much less cakey and it doesn't crease.
3. Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - €7.25 / £5.49. The formula of this is very thin and liquidy so if you have dark undereyes I would not say it's worth trying as it only gives light to medium coverage. But at the same time, it makes it very easy to blend. Because of its brightening effect, I would suggest to just use this for undereyes rather than blemishes. Its doe foot applicator is very good for applying product especially when considering that this is a drugstore brand. I would recommend setting it with a powder to make it last longer. I love to use this for days when I only feel like wearing very minimal makeup.
4. Make Up Studio Concealer - €11.90 / £10.95 - This is the concealer I use whenever I want to cover any scarring, blemishes, redness or discolouration as it's got medium to high coverage. It is very creamy and I find that it applies best with my fingertips. It has also got great lasting power. This brand is still not very widely known but I've always loved their products so far. It is a company based in Amsterdam however it does have various stores around the world. This is their UK website in case you're interested about this brand: https://www.make-upstudio.co.uk.
Do you have any other favourite concealers? I'd love to try them so please leave any suggestions down below!
Until next time,
*This blog post is not sponsored.
I've spent a few months deliberating on which MAC eyeshadows I should get and after a lot of research, watching youtube reviews and looking at different swatches I've finally completely filled up my large Pro Palette. I've been trying out the shadows for a few weeks and I honestly love every single one! To some people, it may look like a palette with very similar shadows mostly comprising of browns, neutrals and a hint of purple. But, these are the colours I tend to reach for most often and I wanted to invest in shadows I would actually use.
To round it all off, I would say that I'm very satisfied with the shades I chose and this palette is quickly becoming one of my favourites as it has got all of my go-to shades. There are numerous looks I can create with this customized palette and I'm sure it will get a lot of love during these next couple of weeks.
Do you own any MAC eyeshadows? What are your favourites? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time,
This week has been super busy so in order to squeeze in this week's post I thought I'd do a tag. I was scrolling through some beauty posts on bloglovin and I came across this tag by that's just fabulous. Thought I'd give it a go as it may still give you some insight on my beauty habits. So, here goes...
If you could have anyone in the world do your makeup, who would it be?
This is a hard one. However, the first person that popped in my head was Carli Bybel. She has never failed to impress me with any make up look she's done. I feel like we have very similar tastes in makeup and I would honestly fangirl so hard if I ever got the chance to meet her. She seems like such a genuine person and I would trust her blindly.
What's your top makeup tip?
For eyeshadow, always start off with a base shadow which is very similar to your skin tone. Apply that all over the lid up to your brow. This will help blend any darker shadow you apply to your eyes later on.
What one makeup item could you not live without?
Probably concealer. I feel like I use this for so many different things, whether I'm trying to brighten up my undereyes and conceal any dark circles or else when I'm having bad skin days and I need to cover up some acne scars or spots.
What one skincare item could you not live without?
I think I'd have to go with my cleanser on this one. Although I must admit, I try to put off removing my makeup till the last possible minute, there's nothing better than the feeling of refreshed and soft makeup-free skin just before you head to bed.
What are you worst at when it comes to applying makeup?
I used to really struggle with winged eye liner, and although I'm still not the best at it, I've definitely gotten much better. As they say, practice makes perfect!
What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to beauty?
The only thing I can think of is badly drawn eyebrow shapes. I've seen some that have made me cringe, but obviously to each, their own!
What's your favorite makeup era?
Another hard one! Hmm... I love the 50s. For a simple and quick look, I put a warm brown as a transition colour in the crease, some wing liner and a red lipstick and voila... I'm channelling my inner Audrey Hepburn!
What's your guilty pleasure product?
Eyeshadow! It's a bit ridiculous honestly the amount of different eyeshadows I own, but I just can't help it. I'm all for flawless skin, but somehow I always gravitate towards eye products somehow.
What's your underdog product?
The essence I love Stage Eyeshadow base. This was one of the first makeup products I ever bought and I still love it. I think that Essence is such an underrated brand. They have some great quality products at such affordable prices.
What's your favorite makeup product of 2015?
Damn! This is definitely the hardest question for me... it's so hard to pick just one. I have a whole blog post about my 2015 favourites and that was already suuper hard to cut down. So, I'm going to cheat and at least choose 2: the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer in Medium/ Deep and MAC's lipstick in Mehr. They're still my go-to products in 2016!
So, now I would like to tag Emily from Lifestyles of Emily and anyone else who would like to do it :) Can't wait to see your answers!
It's no surprise that MAC is one of my favourite brands. However, I feel that in regards to liquid lipsticks, MAC were a bit late to the game. They finally released their own line of liquid lipsticks in January of this year. Seeing as I saw a lot of mixed reviews of these on Youtube and on other blogger sites, I admit I was a bit skeptical on whether I would take the plunge and buy them.
Last week, I stumbled across a MAC counter, and ignoring the voices in my heart to keep walking away, I couldn't resist and I ended up walking away with one of these babies in Feels so Grand. It is a deep true red, which I think would suit a great variety of skintones. I looooove the colour.
Let's just first start off with packaging... although I feel that MAC could have done much better, I still appreciate the fact that they wanted to keep the same style as with their usual lipsticks (the bullet cap). And, honestly I think it's growing on me.
The pigmentation of this liquid lipstick is to die for and I also love its finish. It applied like a dream, and with just one swipe, it was very opaque. Even though it's matte, it's not sticky to the touch and it dries fairly quick. The daw foot applicator gives you a lot of control, allowing for a great and precise application. Although it is matte, it will still feel comfortable on the lips and not too drying. The staying power is pretty good as well, keeping in mind that you might have to reapply after food (especially the greasy kind) and drink.
What I wasn't too keen on was the reapplication of it. There were times when throughout the day, I had to touch up especially on the centre of the lip (this is pretty normal for me) but on so doing, it seemed to crumble on my lips, making them look extremely dry. Therefore in the case that you have to reapply, I would suggest taking it all off using a makeup remover wipe and starting over again.
So, would I suggest buying it? If you're willing to go to the trouble in order to reapply, then I would definitely recommend this product. Personally, I like to leave this for days when I know that I will only be out for a few hours, therefore not having to touch up at all (because I'm super lazy :P)
Until next time,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Where has the time gone? I hope that you have enjoyed any end of year celebrations you may have had and ate lots of food (cause be honest, who hasn't?) I really like this time of year because I feel as if it's a fresh start. But I'm not letting go of 2015 just yet, as today I will be going through some of my favourites from this last year. I think it will be really interesting to look back at this a year from now and see whether any of the mentioned products will make the cut next year. Anyway, let's just get started... (Prepare yourself, it's a long one.)
Favourite Face Primer:
The Body Shop All-In-One Instablur primer - this stuff is amazing. I only discovered it in November, but I haven't stopped using it since. The texture of this is very similar to silicone, which helps blur out any imperfections that I have and reduce my pores. It feels so smooth on my face and I really do think that it helps with the longevity of my foundation. It's been my holy grail so far!
MAC Studio Fix Fluid - This has definitely made the cut as my favourite this year. I love it so much, I bought 2 backups. Keeping in mind, that I have oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin, I like foundations which give a very good coverage and will stay on all day. After reading a lot of reviews online, saying how this foundation broke them out, I was kind of scared to try this out but around April I took the plunge, and ordered it online. I also had to guess the shade cause at the time we had no MAC stores here in Malta, but somehow I managed and it was a pretty good match for my skintone. I find that it really helps keep me matte all day, but at the same time, not too matte that it almost seems drying. In fact, this almost gives a like a natural glow which I love. Its coverage is medium to buildable and it manages to cover up any imperfections perfectly. I haven't had any problems with my skin and I'm probably going to have a really hard time, finding a better foundation any time soon.
Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer - I've almost run out of this, so I'll have to reorder it soon cause I love the way it conceals my undesired under eye circles. The formula of this is so good and the little doe-foot applicator that it comes with, helps it glide on the skin so smoothly. It gives just the right amount of coverage and it doesn't settle into fine lines.
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer in Medium/Deep - This bronzer is my go to when I'm in a hurry. It's very pigmented yet super blendable and very easy to work with. Best of all, it smells like chocolate - can't complain about that. Being matte, it's very natural looking and I can use it to create depth and warmth to my face. Hands down, the best bronzer I've used.
Favourite Contouring Palette:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette - I use all the shades in this palette yet Fawn and Banana are definitely my favourites. They are the reason this palette is in my favourites. Fawn is perfect for contouring my cheekbones and Banana is great for setting my concealer especially under my eye. I do occasionally use Java and Havana for bronzing, but I also love them as eyeshadows - they make great transition colours. Vanilla and Sand are also awesome for a nice brow bone or inner corner highlight.
Thebalm Mary-Lou Manizer - Although it's not the cheapest product, it is totally worth it. It's a very creamy powder and just a dusting of this on the cheekbones, will give the most gorgeous natural shimmer. It is very finely milled, smooth and the pigmentation is insane. I sometimes also reach for this as an all over the lid colour as it's a beautiful champagne colour.
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Intense Black - I will probably continue to buy this eyeliner for many years to come. It makes creating a winged liner soooo easy. It has a great felt-tip like applicator which I find gives me so much control. Its lasting power is awesome and it doesn't budge at all even on my oily eyelids. However, if you're looking for a drugstore alternative I have also been loving the Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner which I also find super easy to use and is a close second.
Favourite Eyeshadow Palette:
This is so hard for me as eyeshadows are my obsessions but I think that the one I used the most this year was the Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette. I love the formula of Urban Decay eyeshadows in general, but the pigmentation of this palette is to die for. The amount of smoky looks I can create with this is amazing as it offers a great range of shades so it's great to travel with. It's got a nice balance of shimmers and mattes and the packaging alone is also beautiful!
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara - I honestly didn't think I was going to love this mascara cause I always like the plastic type bristles as I find they're so much better at creating a clump free look. However, I was intrigued about all the hype so I decided to buy it and try it out for myself. I'm so glad I did, cause I don't think I've ever achieved so much volume and length from a mascara. A must -try product!
MAC Mehr - I have been given so many compliments on this lip colour. It's my go-to everyday shade as it's like a my-lips-but-better sort of colour. It is a dirty blue pink which goes so well with my yellow undertones. I'm so glad I picked this up as I can wear it with any makeup look and it would still look great.
That's it! (phew!) Told you it was a long one :) Let me know what products were your favourites in 2015. Maybe I can check them out.
Until next time,
I do admit... this year I went a little crazy with the treating myself for Christmas kind of thing. I try to convince myself that my little hauls every now and again will benefit this blog helping me keep up to date with the non-stop ever growing world of makeup... but let's be honest I just want to try out all the hyped up products for myself :P
The first thing that I got was the BECCA x Jacyln Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop. This is BEAUTIFUL!! I had been eyeing this product for a very long time, but I didn't want to give in to all the hype. BECCA highlighters are known for their creamy formulas and I adore Jacyln Hill and love all the makeup looks she creates however I didn't think anything could top my beloved Mary Lou Manizer by theBalm. Having said that, I think that this limited edition highlighter gives a truly unique glow. It is described as a soft white gold with pinky peach undertones which I find so flattering on my skin tone. It is a must for any makeup lover. I like to apply it using a fan brush, to ensure that it gives a nice subtle radiance to my skin.
It's finally that time of the year again, and that can only mean one thing; rummaging through my collection to find the perfect red lipstick to pair up with a golden glittery eye look. Nothing says Christmas more than a red lip in my opinion, so today I thought I'd share some of my faves.
1. MAC Ruby Woo - this is an all time classic for me. The colour compliments my yellow undertones so beautifully. Due to its Retro Matte formula it can be drying on the lips, (which also means it's got great staying power) however it's nothing a little lip balm won't fix. It is a matte blue red which can turn any look into instant glam!
2. NYX Matte Lipstick in Perfect Red - This is also a blue toned red which is a great drugstore alternative. It goes on very smoothly on the lips (even on my dry, chapped lips) and the pigmentation is amazing for the price. The staying power is pretty good too for a matte formula. I've heard many say that this is a dupe for MAC's Russian Red so I thought I would insert a picture comparing the two so you can see for yourself.
3. MAC Russian Red - this lipstick will suit every skin tone. It is a classic blue toned bold red, (as you can see, I love my blue tones!) which is not as drying as Ruby Woo due to its matte formula in fact it applies like a dream however I find that it doesn't last as long. It is very opaque so colour pay off is amazing but I would definitely recommend a lip liner with this one just to make sure that you have no bleeding and it doesn't smudge all over your face.
4. Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in 107 - This is also one of my faves and I can't not mention it. I must admit, that it is the only lipstick I own from Rimmel. It is more of a darker red compared to the others with a slight berry twist. It is highly pigmented, matte and has a characteristic smell (very similar to watermelons, I would say). Even if it fades over a few hours, it will leave a nice stain on your lip which will give them a bit more colour. Overall, it's a winner in my books.
Do you have any favourite red lipsticks? Make sure to comment below with any suggestions. I'd love to know!
Until next time,
21 year old beauty blogger and University student. I've always loved makeup and anything beauty related so I've decided to share my passion through this blog.