My Daily Makeup Routine
Some people might think that wearing makeup everyday is too much, and I can understand that to a degree. Personally, I think you should do whatever makes you happy and more confident and if that means putting on some concealer and mascara, I say go for it! Talking about myself, I like to put on makeup only if I'm going somewhere where I think it'd be nice to look a bit more put together, so when I'm at home I don't bother doing anything. But to each, their own!
If I do feel like making an effort for everyday use, I tend to put a pump of the Revlon PhotoReady Perfecting Primer on my hand and then spread that across my face using my fingers. After that, I reach for my beloved MaxFactor Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation. I've been using this foundation for more than a year now and it's definitely the best drugstore foundation that I have come across so far. So much so, that I own this in two shades: Golden and Bronze, depending on the season. Then I love to take my Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer and apply that right underneath my eyes, as well as on the bridge of my nose to highlight and give a bit more dimension to my face.
To make sure that my face is set and it will HOPEFULLY stay on all day, I like to set it using the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent. I then apply a tiny bit of bronzer to add some warmth to my face. I'm currently loving the Bourjouis Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder, for a more subtle and natural look. To finish off my face, if I have the time, I might even use my MAC blush in Margin, a peach toned blush with very subtle golden shimmer which gives you a very natural glow.
I usually never have time to put anything on my eyes except for mascara (at the moment I'm using L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara), but when I do, I like to use one of the Maybelline New York Color Tattoo 24hr Gel Cream Eyeshadows as they're so easy and quick to apply with your fingers. I then take a blending brush and just blend the edges. My most used ones are On and On Bronze and Pink Gold. To finish off, I put on NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake on my lips and I run out the door!
That's it! What about you? Do you wear makeup everyday? And if you do, what are some of your mostly used products? Let me know in the comments!
Until next time,
My Top 4 Concealers
Another week... another blog post. Hope you've had a great one! I'm preparing a special something for you to thank you for your constant support... I'll tell you all about it in about two and a half week's time (so excited!) But, for today I thought I'd give you my top 4 favourite concealers of all time. Concealer is probably my most worn make up item, so I have went through quite a lot of different brands but somehow I managed to narrow it down...
1. Urban Decay Naked skin Weightless Complete Coverage concealer - €23.10 / £17.50. I had already mentioned this beloved product in my 2015 favourites so obviously I also had to include it in my top 4. It is definitely my most reached for concealer and I run out of it so fast. In my opinion, it only gives a light to medium coverage but Urban Decay did so well with the formula of it. Like the name says, it is weightless, it doesn't cake at all and it doesn't settle into any fine lines. I love to use this one mostly for highlighting my undereyes, bridge of the nose and cupid's bow. Just a tip: when you want to highlight these areas always go for a shade lighter than your actual skin tone.
2. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer - €19.20 / £17.50. Whenever I have really dark bad circles, this is my go to product. It's also great to cover any blemishes or scarring as it is very full coverage. The thing that annoys me slightly about this is that since it is so high coverage, you can easily overdo it, making it look very unnatural. The pump tends to dispense a bit too much product and I feel so bad wasting any of it, especially since it isn't very cheap. Lately however, I've found that placing some on my hand and then dabbing the RealTechniques Miracle Complexion Sponge in it and placing it on the desired areas is so much better than directly applying it on my face and then blending it with the sponge. It makes it look much less cakey and it doesn't crease.
3. Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - €7.25 / £5.49. The formula of this is very thin and liquidy so if you have dark undereyes I would not say it's worth trying as it only gives light to medium coverage. But at the same time, it makes it very easy to blend. Because of its brightening effect, I would suggest to just use this for undereyes rather than blemishes. Its doe foot applicator is very good for applying product especially when considering that this is a drugstore brand. I would recommend setting it with a powder to make it last longer. I love to use this for days when I only feel like wearing very minimal makeup.
4. Make Up Studio Concealer - €11.90 / £10.95 - This is the concealer I use whenever I want to cover any scarring, blemishes, redness or discolouration as it's got medium to high coverage. It is very creamy and I find that it applies best with my fingertips. It has also got great lasting power. This brand is still not very widely known but I've always loved their products so far. It is a company based in Amsterdam however it does have various stores around the world. This is their UK website in case you're interested about this brand: https://www.make-upstudio.co.uk.
Do you have any other favourite concealers? I'd love to try them so please leave any suggestions down below!
Until next time,
*This blog post is not sponsored.
Top 4 Lipsticks for the Holidays
It's finally that time of the year again, and that can only mean one thing; rummaging through my collection to find the perfect red lipstick to pair up with a golden glittery eye look. Nothing says Christmas more than a red lip in my opinion, so today I thought I'd share some of my faves.
1. MAC Ruby Woo - this is an all time classic for me. The colour compliments my yellow undertones so beautifully. Due to its Retro Matte formula it can be drying on the lips, (which also means it's got great staying power) however it's nothing a little lip balm won't fix. It is a matte blue red which can turn any look into instant glam!
2. NYX Matte Lipstick in Perfect Red - This is also a blue toned red which is a great drugstore alternative. It goes on very smoothly on the lips (even on my dry, chapped lips) and the pigmentation is amazing for the price. The staying power is pretty good too for a matte formula. I've heard many say that this is a dupe for MAC's Russian Red so I thought I would insert a picture comparing the two so you can see for yourself.
3. MAC Russian Red - this lipstick will suit every skin tone. It is a classic blue toned bold red, (as you can see, I love my blue tones!) which is not as drying as Ruby Woo due to its matte formula in fact it applies like a dream however I find that it doesn't last as long. It is very opaque so colour pay off is amazing but I would definitely recommend a lip liner with this one just to make sure that you have no bleeding and it doesn't smudge all over your face.
4. Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in 107 - This is also one of my faves and I can't not mention it. I must admit, that it is the only lipstick I own from Rimmel. It is more of a darker red compared to the others with a slight berry twist. It is highly pigmented, matte and has a characteristic smell (very similar to watermelons, I would say). Even if it fades over a few hours, it will leave a nice stain on your lip which will give them a bit more colour. Overall, it's a winner in my books.
Do you have any favourite red lipsticks? Make sure to comment below with any suggestions. I'd love to know!
Until next time,
21 year old beauty blogger and University student from Malta. I've always loved makeup and anything beauty related so I've decided to share my passion through this blog.